Teachers and the School Admin can add students to a classroom. They can also remove a student from a classroom.
This article shows you how to assign classrooms to students already registered in your school program. We also have a feature that lets you assign classrooms and register new students at the same time. You can use this feature when you add a single student or bulk import many students.
Adding a student to a classroom
Follow these steps to add students who are on the school list.
- Log in to your account.
- Click the Classrooms menu link.
- On the Classrooms page, locate a classroom.
- Click Students.
- On the Classroom Students page, click the Add Student button.
- Click the blank field. A list displays the names of students with school accounts.
- Click a name to add a student to the classroom.
- Click additional names as required.
- Click the Add button after you finish adding names.
- The student names appear in the classroom list.
Adding new school students
You can also add students who are not currently registered in the school.
- Click the Add new students link.
- Follow the workflow to add a student to the school. (a browser new tab opens)
- Return to this tab.
- Click the field to add the student name to the classroom.
After adding the students, you can check out the following articles so your students can start logging in:
- As a teacher, how can I provide students their login information?
- How do students login for the first time?