Here at Zenva Schools, we allow teachers to add students either via username (default option) or via email (depending on which is preferable for the school). This can be changed at any time via the School Settings page by the School Admin only. This setting affects all teachers and students within the school, and you can only have one or the other active at one time.
Before choosing which setting works best for your school, keep in mind the following differences between the two methods.
- Must log in with their user name (i.e. student1234)
- CANNOT receive email notifications (password resets, certificates, etc.). Issues related to forgotten passwords will need to be managed by teachers.
- Displays usernames from the School Students page.
- Must log in with their email (i.e. email@example.com)
- If valid, CAN receive email notifications (password resets, certificates, etc). The student can thusly recover their own password if they forget it.
- Displays emails from the School Students page.
Note that regardless of which method you choose, students will always be able to access all learning materials and features. This setting only affects login and how data is displayed and stored for you.
Important Note When Switching from Username to Email
If your school was previously under the Username setting and you switch to Email, please be aware that no email will display on the School Students page and students may not be able to log in without their details being edited and an email being added.